Nacogdoches Chamber Reveals Businesses and Citizen of the Year
Tuesday, September 27, the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce will be presenting their 100th Annual Meeting and Membership Banquet. The event will be held at the Fredonia Hotel and Convention Center beginning at 6 p.m.
One of the highlights of the banquet will be the presentation of the Gary Justice Business Excellence Awards and the Citizen of the Year, the Non Profit of the Year and Lifetime Achievement awards.
Award recipients for 2022 are:
- Head Pediatrics, Small Business of the Year - award sponsored by Commercial Bank of Texas, N.A.
- Laird Funeral Home, Medium Business of the Year - award sponsored by Regions Bank.
- Nacogdoches Independent School District, Large Business of the Year - award sponsored by R&K Distributors, Inc.
- Fire Chief Keith Kiplinger, Citizen of the Year - award sponsored by Tipton Ford Lincoln.
- Nacogdoches HOPE, Non Profit of the Year - award sponsored by Charles Pool Real Estate, Inc
The Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce will also honor Bill Elliott as a Lifetime Achievement award recipient.
“Our annual meeting planning committee led by chair Betty Shinn is thinking creatively to make the most of the event as it hits the centennial anniversary,” said Chairman Dr. Todd Brown. “We are prepared to welcome an impressive gathering of our business community leaders and to provide a memorable, unique experience. Let’s say Betty is pulling out all the stops to make this meeting ‘grand’ from the opening welcome to the closing remarks.”
"The annual banquet marks an important and exciting time for our chamber of commerce," said Chairman Elect Dustin Beavers. “My fellow board members and I will celebrate this year’s accomplishments with our business community, as we prepare for the chamber’s new fiscal year. This serves as a perfect setting for introducing the new theme: Proud of the Past, Focused on the Future.”
The 2022-2023 chamber board of directors will be inducted during the annual meeting and retiring directors will be recognized.
For more information including table reservations and sponsorships, contact the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce at 936-560-5533.